• August 2016
Extraordinary Bodies awarded major Arts Council funding!
Read more information here.
• August 2016
Diverse City are delighted to announce we were successful in our Elevate funding application.
This support from Arts Council England will enable us to make more work, develop new leaders and change the world a little bit for the better. Equality is achievable. See the full Arts Council England announcement here.
• July 2016
Diverse City are recruiting - we are looking for a Creative Producer.
This is for a 10 month contract, starting this September.
Deadline for applications is Monday 25th July.
• We are looking for the next Unexpected Leaders.
As part of the Extraordinary Bodies Weighting tour to Bristol, we are looking for 2 Unexpected Leaders from the South West to join our team of national creative-thinking activists.
Deadline is Friday 15th July. Find out more details on the Doing Things Differently website.
• June 2016
Coming to Bristol this September - Doing Things Differently
Experience great shows from a range of performing companies, learn from friendly experts in practical know-how sessions and start conversations with an unllikely collection of minds. Doing Things Differently is about celebrating, learning and talking about equality in the arts. Find out more at www.doingthingsdifferently.org.uk.
• May 2016
Fast Forward 2016 - The British Paraorchestra and Extraordinary Bodies Terry Riley's in C
Friday 3 July 2016 at 8pm
Colston Hall, Colston Street, Bristol. BS1 5AR
BUY TICKETS Read More
• May 2016 - Diverse City is delighted to announce that Weighting will be coming to Bristol 17 & 18 September 2016 for four free performances in Castle Park. Watch short promo video here.
• January 2016 - Diverse City is absolutely thrilled to announce that Claire Hodgson, has been awarded an MBE in the New Year's Honours list 2016 for services to inclusion. Press pack here.
• Weighting comes to Fleetwood: Fleetwood Festival of Transport & SpareParts Arts Festival (Programmed by LeftCoast):
Saturday 18th July – Preview performance of Weighting for the people of Fleetwood
Sunday 19th July – Headline act for the SpareParts Arts Festival. Read More.
• Weighting performed at Dulwich Park Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May. A free large-scale outdoor spectacle combining circus, dance and theatre brought to you by Extraordinary Bodies. Full details here.
• UK’s first integrated circus company, Extraordinary Bodies, wins top prize of £100,000 - Clore Leadership Programme Press Release here. Here's a short film made by Clore about Extraordinary Bodies:
• Diverse City: How the Olympic legacy and Arts Council investment helped pave the way for UK’s only professional integrated circus company.
• CEO Claire Hodgson writes for Arts Professional, see here
• Theatre Blog - The Guardian, 17 Oct14: Learning disabled theatre: where is the UK's answer to Back to Back?
or donate via mobile
TEXT/SMS EXTR001 to 70970 to give £5
Or Donate to Diverse City via
To find out more about supporting change in the performing arts, please get in touch with Becky Chapman, Executive Producer:
T: 07952 619763
Diverse City was founded in 2005 by Claire Hodgson